My Top 5 Beauty Products
I'm a simple kind of gal. I don't wear much makeup and if a hairstyle takes more than 5 minutes to put together, you can count me out.
I like to keep my beauty routine simple, quick, and natural. However, I have wild mane of thick hair that doesn't always cooperate, and sensitive, acne-prone skin, so this has been a challenge for me in the past.
Over the last year or so I have experimented with a variety of different products and have *finally* come up with a list of my favorites!
Facial Oil for the Oil Cleansing Method
- The Oil Cleansing Method (OCM) has been the most beneficial thing I have ever done for my face. Like I said above, I have sensitive, acne-prone skin and it has been a real struggle to find a natural product that will heal my skin and prevent breakouts. However, once I tried the OCM, I haven't looked back. I am still in the process of finding what oil/combination of oils works best for my skin. I started out with rosehip seed oil, which seemed to work great but I had to order it online so it was a little bit of a hassle. I recently switched to argan oil because I found it at a local drugstore, but I haven't been using it long enough to see how well it works. I'm definitely open to any tips or suggestions that you might have!
Burt's Bees Body Lotion
- I'll warn you right now: I am somewhat of a lotion connoisseur. I have tried many different brands, from high end to drugstore, and this one definitely takes the cake. It leaves my skin soft, nourished, and moisturized without any greasy residue. It is lightly scented, but not overpowering at all and its' natural ingredients are perfect for sensitive skin.
Burt's Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes
- Nightly makeup removal has been a game-changer for me. I cannot stress how important it is to let your skin breathe, makeup-free, especially if you struggle with oily/acne-prone skin. Again, the Burt's Bees brand came out on top in my experimenting. Some towelletes (don't you just love that word?!) caused my skin to break out, or left my face red and itchy, but not these. They are infused with white tea extract which not only smells amazing, but is also very soothing to the skin.
Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss & Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer
- On most days I just swipe on some chapstick and call it good. However, sometimes your lips just need a little extra sparkle, am I right? If you feel the same way, I would recommend this lip gloss and shimmer (you can use them separately or together if you like). The gloss is a pale pink (Snow Pink to be exact) so it looks very natural but adds a hint of sparkle. The lip shimmer (Carmel) is perfect if you're looking for a little color, but don't want lipstick smudges all over your teeth, your date's cheek, or your coffee mug.
Rubber Hair Bands
- There is no hairstyle more easy or more classic than the ponytail. However, thick hair and ponytails don't always mix well. My hair had probably stretched beyond use close to a million hair bands before I discovered these rubber ones. Not only do they stay put like nobody's business, they never stretch out. (*disclaimer: occasionally one or two will snap, which is terrifying, but I have survived and am still a diehard fan)